Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So You Think You Can Dance?: A Ranting Rave From BlueMenpachi

If you love REAL dancing and watching the growth and develpment of America's top dancers. This is the show for you...



As I sit at my kitchen table typing this post, I am also WATCHING SYTYCD!

There are so many diverse dancing styles this year my MIND = BLOWN

It's been so long since I've watched this show! The 1st and 2nd seasons, I never missed an episode. But now, they're already on season 9? HOLY SMOKES I missed a lot.

It looks like SYTYCD airs on Fox every Tuesday, so tune in to watch it! (But Google the air dates in case I'm wrong).

In this season 9, they're already up to the Top 20 boys and girls and I love love love the choreography.

I'm not even sure where to start on the awesomeness of this show!

The top 10 girls did a dance together, which was choreographed by one of my favorite dancers; the graceful and powerful TRAVIS WALL! (A former SYTYCD contestant)


That piece was just SO beautiful, I'm sure if you look it up on youtube you can find it.



And after the girls, it was the top 10 boys! With choreography from the strong and free moving SONYA TAYEH!


(sorry, couldn't find a picture of the boys dance...)

Then ALL the dancers got put together and did a piece from MIA MICHAELS!





Can you imagine how hard it must be to tell all these dancers what to do? This just goes to show how AMAZING these dancers and choreographers are~

Nostalgia has just hit me like a freight train. So many memories of amazing dancers and choreography, Mary's screams, Nigel's quick witted comments.


And Cat Deeley! That woman is TALL! And she has such a pleasant voice for a show host~


I've missed these people so much. I've (obviously) never met them in real life, but I feel like I've just been re-united with old friends!

Other than that, that's all I have to say on the subject.
Amazing show, awesome music, funny moments, a few down moments but great dancing~

What more could you want?

This is BlueMenpachi signing off!
Ja matta ne~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top