Friday, May 16, 2014

Godzilla 2014 Post Reaction

My friend and I saw an early screening of Legendary's Godzilla in 3D tonight (5/15/14). I had my reservations at first, but after seeing the flick, I'm glad I bought a ticket! I won't spoil the movie in detail for everyone, but the least I'll do is talk about what aspects worked for me.

Director Gareth Edwards' interpretation set the right setting and tone for this concept. The story went along at a reasonable pace, and I don't ever recall feeling bored anywhere in between. Even the back stories and character development felt suitably executed, and the actors did move me emotionally in a few scenes.

Of course, what would this movie be without Godzilla and his enemies? Well, this movie timed the appearance of Godzilla and the M.U.T.O.s at the right moments to get the audience ready for what will happen when the story unfolds. The special effects didn't seem cheap whatsoever, and have managed to supplement this story even further. I certainly enjoyed the multiple camera angles and shooting styles Gareth Edwards used throughout the film, as Godzilla and the M.U.T.O.s wreaked havoc.

What made this movie even more special in my case, is seeing Honolulu, a city on the island of Oahu and about 70 miles north west from my home on Maui, become one of many settings for this story.

In closing, Godzilla is my favorite movie this year so far. As a long-time fan of Godzilla, I was pleased that this remake represented Godzilla's presence far better than that 1998 version. I recommend anyone to check this movie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top