Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sky Base + Powerglide (Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus Box #3)


On today's edition of Lets Build A Model! I will build the final base needed to complete Kabaya's Fortress Maximus model. The first two bases were equally exciting to witness in completion, and this one was no exception. Here's a quick rundown of my process.




Step 1.)  Assemble the tower.


Step 2.)  Snap the side door together, then mount the panel on the side of the tower.



Step 3.)  Install the spring mechanism for the launch ramp first, then snap the blue cover on and the ramp.


Step 4.)  Build FM's left arm then add a sticker. This is where I screwed up. With my snippers, I clipped the sprue very close to the peg attached to FM's fist. My error pinched the plastic of the peg which made the fist installment more difficult than necessary. However, I managed to make the hands snap on securely with no signs of any potential problems occurring from my mistake.


Step 5.)  After applying all of the stickers included, build the Sky Base.


Step 6.)  Snap Powerglide together then apply his stickers. After that, you are done!


Compared to the stress I've felt while putting Fortress (Cerebros) and the launcher base together from Box #2, I found the third model to be relatively easy. I do stress that you carefully assemble the spring mechanism, otherwise that action may be rendered useless. Overall, this was a fun and smooth build from the start.

I will do my last (quick) review of the Sky Base and Powerglide separately, before covering Fortress Maximus fully assembled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top