Friday, November 23, 2012

K-Pop Journey: BigBang Alive Galaxy Tour 2012 (11/3/12)


BigBang's next stop in their Alive Galaxy Tour was the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. The hype was so hot that BigBang ended up having two consecutive concerts instead of just one night. I'm not sure about their first concert, but the second night (original date) was sold out, and boy that concert sure was crazy! Never have I ever felt a lot of excitement along with a minor share of disappointment.


First the positive, the concert was awesome! BigBang delivered a solid performance and then some! I've been to some of the biggest K-Pop concerts on the west coast for a year now, and none have been able to spoil their fans as much as BigBang did. Of course I don't mean "spoil" in a bad way whatsoever, which I'll explain later.



BigBang performed most of their recent hits including "Love Song," Fantastic Baby," "Bad Body," and "Blues." There were also solo/duet performances like GD's "Crayon," GD & TOP's "High," Seungri's "What Can I Do," and Daesung's "Wings."


After their last song of the night, the fans weren't satisfied....they wanted more. The entire building erupted with screams of, "Encore, encore, encore..." BigBang then appeased the crowd by singing about five additional songs. The crowd and I felt spoiled like children receiving a lot of candy or other delicious sweets by our grandparents. Everyone was very pleased. In addition to this special evening, TOP celebrated his 25th birthday (26 Korean) along with other BigBang members on stage.


The only negative experience was that I couldn't buy the merch I wanted. The venue was filled with thousands of people wanting to walk out of there with something to remember. Therefore, the lines were ridiculously long, unorganized, and chaotic. Eventually, there was nothing left for me to buy. I was very disappointed, but took it with a grain of salt. However, out of self-pity I later bought a cheap BigBang concert shirt from a 'street vendor' outside while waiting for a cab.

Regardless of my minor disappointment, I humbly thank BigBang for a tremendous night! Everything was perfect from top to bottom. For the fans, who couldn't make it, don't feel too bad because BigBang promised to come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top