Friday, October 26, 2012

S.H. MonsterArts Biollante prototype revealed

Tamashii Nation's American distributor, Bluefin Distribution, has posted a picture of Tamashii Nation's most recent display of their kaiju figure prototypes. Those prototypes happen to be Biollante and Godzilla '89 (Bio-Goji).

The image can be seen here:


The sculpt and size scaling seem great, but I do have some concerns. Biollante's neck seems a little too long, her posture needs to slouch a little more, and her body could be a little more plump. Godzilla '89 looks pretty good, considering I've only seen shots of that figure's back. I have not seen a close up of Godzilla's face yet.

Keep in mind that these two figures are only made for display and may never be mass produced, until Tamashii Nations officially announces their release. Because King Ghidorah cost around $125 and Destoroyah expected to be worth $160, Biollante will likely sell for way over $200. That's extremely close to how much some X-Plus figures cost on average.

Update June 26, 2013:  As luck would have it, S.H. MonsterArts Biollante has been scheduled for an official release in November, 2013 with a suggested retail price of $236. I am pleased to say that I was proven wrong and seeing the promotional images of Biollante entices me to shell out the money for this figure. I haven't made a firm decision to buy the Biollante, but there is a chance that I might.

Promotional images can be seen on this link:

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/a0015/item-1000082261/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top